[Office in charge] Global Korea Scholarship Team, Dept. of Global Human Resources Development
- To provide students with an in-depth academic training in the science and engineering fields and invaluable experience in Korea
- To nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society and further friendship between Korea and their home country
July ~ August (5weeks)
Number of participants
200 undergraduate students in total
- Be a citizen of one of the 10 designated ASEAN countries*
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
- Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student who majors in science or engineering in the university/college located in one of the 10 designated ASEAN countries
- Be fluent in English
Priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency.
- Be mentally and physically healthy
Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
- NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler's insurance.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fee, etc.
Orientation, Lecture, Experiment, Field Trip, Closing로 구성된 Program 테이블
|| Introduction to the overall program
Networking with participants
|| Specific field of study
Korean language, history and culture
at the Laboratories
| Conduct specific research projects along with mentoring
from Korean graduate students
| Field Trip
|| Related laboratories, research institutes and/or industrial sites
Cultural or historical sites
|| Presentation of research results
Awards to the outstanding performances
Formation of Alumni network
Specific programs will vary according to the training institution.